Lord, I want my life to be the song You sing!







Thursday, August 12, 2010

My night at Hungry

Last night, I had the incredible blessing of being a part of Hungry, a youth led event for youth in the area to spend time in worship and prayer. My small group had been planning this night for a few months. We weren't quite sure of how everything would play out, but we prayed earnestly for God to work among all who were there. And boy, did he He answer our prayers! There was no denying the Holy Spirit's movement among us. And throughout the night, God spoke to many hearts, including mine.

Leading up to Hungry, I prayed that God would bring the people He wanted to the event, that He would touch their lives, and give them a hunger for Him. Last night though, I got pretty much a slap in the face from God, because I had been in the mindset that God needed to work in other people's lives. And I didn't realize that maybe I was there for a purpose and that maybe God wanted to work in my heart just as much as everyone else who I had been praying for. It was a huge wake up call to the silent pride that I''ve been having with my relationship with Christ without realizing it. I thought that other people needed God's help, instead of me cause I was doing just fine where I was at. But now I realize that I need God just as much as those who, in my eyes, aren't as "far along" in their walk with Christ. My desire is to constantly depend on God, to hunger and thirst for Him, relying on Him for everything. I want to crush the pride that's within my heart to make room for all the wonderful things God wants to teach me.

Another thing God laid on my heart was something He laid on our awesome speaker's heart first. When Becca was sharing, she said something that completely spoke to me. She said something about "being defined my God" and immediately I thought "Yes! That's what I want!" I started thinking about it, and realized that most of the time, that's exactly the opposite of what I am defined by. I'm defined by the people around me, how my day is going, my circumstances, my feelings, and it shouldn't be that way! Nothing in my life is too big for God to handle. And when I am able to be defined by God, my reaction to situations and how my whole life looks should be completely different! That is the challenge God gave me, and the one I want to give you. To live a life defined by God! I can't begin to explain the indescribable joy that we will feel living a life fully devoted to God and honoring Him in everything we do!

2 comments: