I'm not really sure how to write this in the "correct" manner...but I'm just going to write....these are the thoughts that have really been going through my head the past couple days. And when I have these kind of thoughts, I always want to write it out...so enjoy :)
Lately, I've just been feeling as if I'm living in a world where I don't fit in....and I began thinking that it was a problem with me, but as I sat back and just observed the people around me...I really don't think the problem is me. and I don't mean this to sound conceited. I've just realized that I think there are a lot of people who call themselves Christians....but aren't completely serving God with their life. And I'm not saying I have this perfect, because I'm a sinner and I struggle every day. I want to explain a little more what I mean though....
Have you ever thought about what you laugh at? I've become more aware lately of what I laugh at..when we laugh at something, I think we're techinally encouraging that, and supporting whatever was said. And when someone is made fun of, and people laugh..if you laugh along with them, you're showing that you're in support to that. honestly, what would Jesus do? I know this is something we all heard forever ago, and joked about it, but I think sometimes we take little things like that too lightly.
Sometimes we blow this off and say "Well, everyone else is laughing, so it's no big deal if I laugh." or whatever the case is. Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Honestly, it's so much easier to just go along with the crowd. I believe though that God calls us to stand out, and we shouldn't look like the rest of the world if we're living completely for Him.
It may not always be the easiest to be the odd one out, but I think God deserves our all. It's a slap in his face when we claim to honor Him with our life, and then we do stuff that is of this world.
I don't really have a good way to end this..haha. Just a way for me to process some of my thoughts. Who knows, maybe it's meant for someone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment