Lord, I want my life to be the song You sing!







Thursday, May 20, 2010

In Memory of Grandma Alice

The day after my Grandma Alice passed away, I was up late in bed, inspired to write a poem explaining just a little bit of what she meant to me. I wrote it below to share with all of you a small glimpse of what an amazing woman of God my grandma was.

Grandma Alice
So many moments
So many memories
I'll hold close to these
To use as a remedy
Your smile in my head
Your voice in my ear
I long for a hug
And wish you were here
I think back to the summer
Which I spent with you
And now how I cherish
Our talks, smiles, and laughs too
I'm so grateful that God
allowed you to be here for me
And I look forward to the day
When you again I will see
Your strength and your courage
Your love and compassion
Praising God in everything
Was your lifelong mission
Grandma, I miss you
And love you so much
But someday in Heaven
We'll once again touch
You pushed through
And watched me dance my solo one last time
You supported me and were so proud
Of the passion that was mine
But someday, Grandma,
Together in Heaven we'll be
And there we will dance for Jesus
You and me

No comments:

Post a Comment