Lord, I want my life to be the song You sing!







Saturday, July 2, 2011

From one journey to the next...

As I write this post, I am heading to a hotel, where I will spend the night so I can fly out early tomorrow morning. I have just returned from an absolutely amazing trip in Tennessee with my youth group. I was able to see people commit their i to Christ which is one of the best things ever! :) I have also had the incredible opportunity to develop closer relationships with younger girls in my youth group; girls who need a friend who is older who can share their experiences with them. It has been one of the coolest things to be able to share my life with someone else who is struggling. Please continue to pray for all the different people in my youth group, many of whom have made huge commitments to follow Christ whole-heartedly while giving up many of their temptations and struggles. Please pray for strength and obedience for those who are new at following Christ.

While I was in Tennessee, I gave my anxiety and fear completely to God about Jamaica. In doing so, I have become extremely excited about what He is going to do while I will be there. I have seen God work in such incredible ways this past week, not only in others lives, but also in my personal life. My personal relationship with Christ has grown in ways I could have never imagined. If that's what He did with just a week, I can't begin to fathom what He will do with another four weeks! Please pray for me in as I say goodbye to my family. I will be able to have facebook and skype both up by Sunday night which is a huge blessing, but saying goodbye will still be hard. Please also pray for safety as I travel tomorrow and for customs and everything to go smoothly. Please pray for me to adapt to everything well and that I can develop relationships with people quickly. I know I have so many people praying for me and thinking about me; I am so incredibly blessed! Thank you all so much! I'll write when I get the chance! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this Cady! Thinking of and praying for you today. Can't wait to hear more! We'll miss you back home.

    Laura Meeeelar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO proud of you, Cady :) Will be thinking of you often! I sure will miss you!

    ReplyDelete