Lord, I want my life to be the song You sing!







Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In God Alone

This past Sunday at church, my dad shared a passage of Scripture which really got me thinking.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8

Typically, I would probably look at this passage and probably focus on trusting in God, or depending on Him. But that wasn't what stuck out to me this time. It was that simple word "alone." We should live in a way where God ALONE is what we put our trust in. In God ALONE, we get hope from. But we don't do that. And I'll be completely honest, I don't always do that either.

I'm challenging myself though, and everyone else who reads this, to put my trust in God ALONE. and not in all the things of this world. I want God to be my everything, and I want Him to be what I depend on, and what I put my trust in. I want my thoughts to be on God all day, and make God a part of everything I do.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:1-2

1 comment:

  1. wow this is very true! thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete