The other night, I found myself sitting around with a group of people laughing. But when I realized the reason I was laughing, I felt like a hypocrite. Here I was sitting around with people who claimed ot be Christians, who were sitting around making fun of people and we were all laughing at the mean comments that were made. No wonder people call Christians hypocrites.
I'm no better, and I'm writing this for myself as much as it is for whoever else reads this. I realize that this is something we rarely think about, but why don't we think before we laugh? We laugh at everything. And often we laugh at people being made fun of. But we should be setting the example and stop the making fun of people and choose not to join in on the laughing. Christians aren't supposed to blend in, they're supposed to stand out.
But there we sit, around a table with friends, forgetting this and going straight back to our sinful nature, laughing and making fun of people. The sad thing is....our culture has gotten to the point where we still choose to say hurtful things even if the person is right there. It just makes me think how we are supposed to impact others if we continue to live a life like this. One where we don't care about others. What would Jesus do if He were in that situation? If Jesus was sitting around with you, would you sit there and continue making fun of people?
Of course not! That would be absurd! Why don't we live with that mentality then? There are way too many two-faced people who call themselves Christians and go to church and youth group, but completely push away the message that they were just taught and go straight back to what the world encourages. It's so sad to think that so many people live like this. So many people are in this state of mind, and don't realize the wrong ways in the life they're living.
So many Christians blend in, when we're made to stand out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment