and I've completed my goal.....reading through the entire Bible! :)
Every time New Year comes around, people always talk about resolutions they want to make. And a common one I hear is people who want to read through the Bible in a year. To me, it always seemed as an impossible task. Last January, I had wanted to try it though, but I didn't get started till almost the end of January. I had decided though that I wasn't going to go with a plan. I just wanted to read the whole thing, and not give myself a goal date, because I didn't want to read it just to read it. I wanted to read it and get stuff out of it.
It's been incredible how much I've learned this past year by reading through the Bible. God's taught me so much! My relationship with Christ has been deepened and I'm grateful that I committed to reading it. And I finished it...it took me a little over a year...but I realized that this is a possible goal.
I'm not writing this to pat myself on the back for what I did. I don't want that. I'm writing this to encourage people that it is possible to read through the whole Bible. I truly believe that it's something every Christian should do at least once in their life. God will teach you so much through this! There's no better day to start than today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's awesome, Cady!!! God is sooo good :) I have been learning a lot about Him and growing so much since I have left for college. I am so thankful to have friends who are also pursuing Him with everything that they have. Keep living for Him :)
ReplyDeletethanks becca! :) i'm so happy to hear that you've been growing as well! it's awesome! :)
ReplyDelete